Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Don't Set The House On Fire

Do you ever have one of those days where you just don't give a damn? I know I do and today was one of those days. I was tired as hell because I stayed up all night searching for recipes I need because I will be baking for holiday gifts. On top of that A&E and was showing Intervention and Hoarders and those two shows always seem to suck me in. Next thing I remember is looking at the clock that read 2 AM and forcing myself to keep my eyes open long enough to see if the orange and yellow haired girl went to rehab. Seriously, I needed to know because she needed it more than anyone I've seen on that show. Especially when she was saying gems like this, and I quote, "He's got a lot going for him. He has a place and he sells pot". I guess it didn't matter that he looked dirty and had one tooth.

Anyway I woke up cranky and tired.and to top it off I couldn't find any lids to Little Man's sippy cups.  I didn't feel like making breakfast either so I gave him cheerios, a banana and some blueberries. Yup, absolutely no effort in that. Then after breakfast was over and he decided to pull all the DVD's out of the cabinet I seriously could care less. I figured as long as he's not endangering himself and the house isn't on fire why bother. He wants to color inside a book go ahead. He wants to empty out the basket with his diapers and wipes, sure why not. Mommy is tired. So while he destroyed the house minute by minute I sat there drinking my coffee and counting down the hours til naptime. A naptime which never came.

Curtains
<3 Kim

1 comment:

  1. I've seen 1 episode of Hoarders and it sucked me in too!! That show is serious. I also watch Intervention occasionally, and its emotionally hard to watch, you see addiction and pain first hand. Its really scary.
    Whenever I have crappy days when my daughter doesnt give a damn what i say, I just stay focused and remember that tomorrow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete