Saturday, March 19, 2011

Texas = Happy Belly

We just got back from our spring break trip last night. Let me just say, I think the plane ride from CT to Texas got longer. We spent 4.5 hours on a plane and it was no joke, especially with a baby. Okay, he's an angel on the plane but in the terminal that's a whole other story. When we were getting off the plane some man came up to me and said, "Wow, I didn't know you were on this flight, your son didn't make a peep and he was a noisy one at the gate". Yup, that's my son running around trying to go up and down the stairs that connect the lower level gates to the food court, climbing up and down the seats, running behind the podium where they take the tickets, and screaming when you try to stop him and tell him no. It was pretty ridiculous. I'm totally glad I had assistance from my mom and sis.

Other than that I feel overwhelmed. I have to get my son back on schedule, I have to prepare all my documents to take to work on Monday, I have to go buy clothes for work, I have to figure out if I can fit in clothes I already have. I gained 3 pounds during our trip. I don't even feel bad about it. I stuffed my face with donuts (hello mom and pop donut shops), I had huge bowls of seafood gumbo, I had REAL Texas barbecue (hello ribs, smoked sausage, and brisket), I had WhatABurger, and I drank more soda than I've drank in the past 3 years (Big Red), oh and I may or may not had copious amounts of Blue Bell Ice Cream. When I am in Texas I only eat things that they do not sell or can't be cooked by my family in the North. My belly is happy right now and it's worth the 3 pounds!

So I guess I will leave ya'll with some random iphone pics from Little Man's first time in the water and sand.


















Oh, and here is some pics from last springs trip a 3 month old Little Man who slept the whole time at the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you both had a blast. When I think about moving up North, I think about all the good southern foods I would have to leave behind. I am a huge foode so we will see what happens. I might have to commute like every other week or something if ever I do decide to finally the take plunge and move to the Big Apple.

    ReplyDelete