Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Don't Call Me Momma

I have had such a wonderful day today. I felt like an actual person instead of a "mom". You know what I mean? When you become a mom I honestly think people don't see you as a real person anymore. Suddenly, you're being referred to as mommy or momma and conversations usually begin with "how is the baby?" "are you getting sleep?" "how old is the baby?" etc. Well...NO MORE folks. Today I had a name!

I needed to get clothes for work so my mom generously funded this little shopping trip. It was fun to getaway by myself. I sat in Starbucks and had a latte, I read a magazine, I tried on many outfits at NY&CO, I rummaged through the chaos of forever 21, and then I roamed the outdoor shopping mall through Old Navy, J.Crew, Anthropologie, Gap etc. I had such a blast just being alone and being myself and not worrying about if a toddler would have a meltdown in the store, if I had enough snacks in my purse, and if I needed to dart home for naptime. It was so wonderful to escape but I truly did miss my Little Man who was waiting in the window for me to return. Such a cute guy and a heart melter!

I wrote this post on Saturday but obviously forgot to hit publish. Anyway I may post pics of my finds later but for now I'm going to pick up Little Man's prescription (still has an ear infection) and check out the new TJ Max that opened up next door to our pharmacy.

<3 Kim

1 comment:

  1. I agree that when you have a baby it's like ppl forget you have a separate identity. They act like our lives should only revolve around all things children. It is nice to get away sometimes and not have to spend an entire conversation talking about kids.

    Glad that you enjoyed yourself and got a little break. Hope that his ear infection gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete