Friday, March 11, 2011

16 Months

Dear Little Man, 
Today you are 16 months! This month is unlike any month. We started it off by spending the morning at the doctor’s office. Mommy was concerned over the weekend when you started tugging on your ears and having a runny nose. I made you an appointment as soon as I could get you in! Despite feeling awful you have been in good spirits and even made friends in the waiting room at the pediatrician. Two little girls seemed to be playing doctor with you. Oh, and by the way you were the doctor. They kept saying things like “Doctor, your patients aren’t ready for you yet” when you tried to open the door of the playhouse and also things like “Doctor, do you need your instruments”. I couldn’t help but crack up, my 16 month old the doctor for two older women. The doctor called you back pretty soon after that and it turns out you have a double ear infection. I blame the stupid cold going around that everyone in our family seems to have got.

Aside from being sick you’ve been saying Mama more often, which I love. It melts my heart. You can also show me what a duck is. When I say duck or quack quack you bring me your rubber ducky! You are learning everyday and I love watching your mind work. You have also learned how to use a spoon. You eat yogurt with a spoon and ice cream now. In fact you want to eat everything with a spoon even things like goldfish and sandwiches that don’t require a spoon. Lastly we are going to the beach at the end of this week to see your Nanny (AKA Great Grandmother) it should be loads of fun now that you’re a toddler. The last time you were down there was 3 months old.

Mommy loves you soo much! I am the luckiest person in the world to be able to watch you grow. You are an amazing little boy.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment