Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Little Picasso

One of the presents Little Man received for his 1st birthday was finger paints. I love arts and crafts so I thought it was pretty neat. I had big plans to make cool hand print thank you cards for our friends and relatives. Unfortunately, Little Man was not on the same page. He didn't want to make hand prints and he sure as hell didn't want to paint. Most of the paint ended up on me, in his hair, and almost in his mouth (he tried sooo hard). After everything was cleaned up and Little Man was hosed off I put the finger paints away to revisit at a later date.

Well, it's been 4 months since that incident and the paints are still packed away. Today, I opted to make our own homemade finger paints. I got the idea from one of those Babycenter milestone emails. It seemed easy enough to do and was a lot better than sticking him in front of the TV this morning. All we needed was flour, water, and food coloring. You mix it all in bowls until it develops a thin paste like consistency. Then go ahead and paint away. The homemade finger paint went much better than the real deal. If he wanted to eat it and rub it all over his body so be it. Flour is edible, water is edible...eat away. So we "painted" for about 25 minutes before Little Picasso got annoyed and threw everything on the floor. This definitely was an easy, fun, and fast activity to do.

Also my son is pretty much obsessed with this song, Groove with me by Rachel Coleman. If you watch Nick Jr. I'm sure you've probably heard the song a bunch of times in between shows. I can't find a clip on youtube of that particular song/signing but trust me it's catchy as hell. Sometimes I find myself singing it and then I wonder..."what's happened to my life" .<3 Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment