Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. She's turning 30...again lol. So I'd like to wish my wonderful mom the happiest birthday ever from me and Little Man. I love her so much and do not no where I would be without her love, support, and guidance. Seriously, I used to run all my paper topics through her in college, and send her my research to edit, I'd call her about advice on all sorts of things, she went to Warped Tour with my BFF and I when we were in h/s because she didn't want us alone in Boston, she went to shows with us too (kinda embarassing yes?). And OMG watching TV with her is hilarious she has the most off the wall inappropriate comments you will ever hear. So here's to mom I love you and can't say it enough!




I have lots of things to finish preparing for the birthday dinner but I wanted to quickly blog about today's breakfast. Little Man and I decided to make Cake batter pancakes via this recipe.What is not to love about cake batter, pancake, icing, and sprinkles...NOTHING! It is just an awesome combination in THEORY. I had extremely high hopes for these because people on other blogs have raved about them however mine did not turn out how I expected. They were very pretty and looked like the pictures but they didn't taste great. In fact they were flavorless neither the pancake or cake batter taste came through. I even added more mix. From reading comments on the blog it seems that the type of mix you use makes a big difference. Betty Crocker Super Moist seems to work best so maybe that's it. We only had a box of Duncan Hines super moist. Oh, well maybe we will try them again one day.




<3 Kim

1 comment:

  1. Cake batter pancakes...sounds so yummy. Thanks for the recipe link will be trying it.

    ReplyDelete