Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Love Is Dead But Without Limit

It seems our time in Carolina has come to a close. I don't know how I feel right now. It's like a mixture of sadness and relief. I guess because this was once my home it feels weird to leave. It feels like I'm reliving the end of a failed relationship once again. Although, I consciously choose to leave it still hurts even though I try and trick myself into thinking it doesn't. Five years is a long time to be with someone and feelings just don't disappear over night especially when you have a constant reminder by your side.

I am ready to leave though. Being in this house is like living in a ghost town. Everything is as it was nothing is out of place. The carpet may be dirty now and the second bathroom may be filthy but my clothes are still folded in the drawers, my son's room still as it was like he never stopped playing there, my tooth brush still on the vanity and the picture of us on the mantle is still eerily happy reminiscent of a time when two people were in love.

<3 Kim

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the pain of failed relationships is very painful especially when you've been together for so long. But growth comes at a cost and you did what you felt was the right move for yourself and your son. All you can do is keep moving forward and see where this journey leads you.

    ReplyDelete