Friday, February 11, 2011

Ain't Nothin' Like Home Cookin'

I'm pretty sure M hasn't ate since I left. When Little Man and I arrived in NC, M's fridge was empty except for cheese and rancid meat (ewwww it smelled). The freezer was filled with ice cream, Popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, french fries, and Texas toast. I don't know what kind of meals he's been eating with those ingredients. I'm here to help though!

Since I am so nice and he kept talking about wanting a pot roast I made just that and it should be ready when he gets back.

Slow Cooker Pot Roast adapted from 365 Days of Slow Cooking Blog

Ingredients
Rump Roast
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Carrots
Celery
Yellow Onion
Red Potatoes
Red Wine ( I use whatever's cheap to cook with)
Worcestershire sauce
Bag filled with flour
Olive Oil

1) Season roast with season salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Place in ziploc bag filled with flour and shake to coat.

2) Shake off excess flour and brown in a pan with about a TBS of olive oil.
3) Cook each side until golden brown.
4) Wash and chop your veggies and add to crockpot.


5) Add roast and then pour in 3 TBS of Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup red wine (I used yellow tail Merlot)



6) Set it and forget it! Cook on low for 8 hours. Sometimes I cook on high for 5-6 hours.

Now I'm going to relax and hopefully end up at a basketball game at my Alma mater with one of my friends tonight!
<3 Kim



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. oh so yummy!! can't wait to try this recipe out! hope you're having fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes definitely try it! It's super good. I think it's the wine lol. Really cheap wine!

    ReplyDelete