Friday, February 4, 2011

14 Months

Dear Little Man,
I know I say this every month but time does fly. It always feels like I just brought you home yesterday but the truth is that was 14 months ago. With every passing month it’s getting harder and harder to see the baby in you. You are definitely ALL boy. Despite that you’re still incredibly sweet. You love giving me hugs and kisses and you still love to cuddle. In fact nowadays you climb up on the couch and snuggle up next to me when you’re ready for sleep. It literally melts my heart.

Over the past month you have learned to climb (even better). You climb everything, the couches, your climber, boxes, toys, snow banks, etc. There is nothing you’re afraid of and this scares me. Especially because you have discovered that by climbing the couch you can jump over the railing. I have to watch you like a hawk because I know you are plotting to go over. You also stand on your climber and jump from it to the coffee table, which makes me super nervous. How will I ever handle what’s to come? All the random injuries boys seem to bring upon themselves. Believe me I know, I used to be the tomboy who played on the playground with all the little boys.

Another thing you love to do now is pretend you’re on the phone. You hold my cell phone up to your ear and talk, talk, talk. It’s so funny! You also love to help me workout. When you see me putting in my workout DVD you always hand me my weights. When I do planks you try to crawl under and when I do crunches you sit on my stomach and pat my back every time I rise up. You are quite the little personal trainer.

You have 7 teeth now! They just started popping up like mad. From 2 on your first birthday, 2 more at 13 months and now 3 more. This is crazy for someone who seemed like they’d never get one. Also you teethe like a champ. You never really fuss. You just get extra drolly and gnaw on spoons. Before I wrap this up I just want to say besides Mama, Dada, and the occasionally No, or yah you don’t say any words. You communicate by pointing to things. You want juice you point to juice and bring me your cup. You want food you point to your mouth; you want to be picked up your raise your arms. It’s too cute. I’m glad I can understand your actions because you are quite the demanding kid. If someone gets things wrong boy do you get mad. We will have to work on that.

Oh, and BTW I gave you your first haircut. Yes, you heard that right twas ME! You just needed a little evening out that I did with my hair scissors and now you’re hair is growing like weeds. Your bald spot completely disappeared after the cut. I gave myself a pat on the back.

I love you,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment