Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Applesauce

The weather is yucky yet again. On top of being hot in muggy it's rainy and dreary too. We can't play outside and we can't go to the pumpkin patch so we made applesauce with some of the apples we picked this past weekend. Well, I made the applesauce while little man banged pots together and helped throw a few apples in the pot for me.

Our applesauce cameout. I need to go back to this orchard ASAP and get more apples. The sauce was sweet without me having to add any sugar which is good because I don't want Little Man having unnecessary sugar.

CIMG0809

To make the sauce I just used 5 apples and I wanted to see how a mixture would taste so I grabbed one of each variety we picked. (Stayman, Rome, Fuiji, Red Delicious, Winesap) I peeled, cored, cut them into chunks and threw them in a pot with a tiny bit of water. When they got soft and the juices began to cook out of them I started mashing them with a potato masher and that was it. Easy Peasy! (I left the sauce a little chunky because Little Man refuses to eat purees these days)

Applesauce

<3 Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment