Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do You Know The Muffin Man?

As of late I have been on a real baking kick. I seriously feel the need almost every day to bake something and or tinker around with recipes I already have. It's weird because I never was the baker in my family that was my sister's title. She bakes everything from scratch and has all sorts of gadgets she's pretty awesome!

Today I would do her proud because I baked some pretty awesome banana muffins that may rival her banana bread. Little Man loves bananas so I bought him some but then my parents had also bought some so we had way too many and they were starting to turn. Perfect opportunity to bake. I used this recipe from All Recipes and added a few extra ingredients.

Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 large bananas, mashed
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
Added Ingredients
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* pinch of all spice


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.


I used a normal size muffin pan and ended up cooking them for 18 minutes

Muffin Man

These are obviously approved by the hungry baby toddler ehhh whatever he may be!

<3 Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment