Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Review: Sleepy Wrap

iAfter my son was born the first few weeks I felt chained to the couch and glider. I could never get anything done around the house because he always wanted to be held. I decided to do something about this by finding the perfect carrier. During my pregnancy I had seen women on blogs and my boards wearing their children and decided that was the answer to my problem.

I searched everywhere and after trying many different wraps, slings, and carriers I settled on the Sleepy Wrap. The Sleepy Wrap was the answer to my prayers. If you’re a new mother, a veteran mommy, or know a mom with a new baby you have to get this! As soon as I put Little Man inside he calmed down. Not only did he stop screaming but also he would fall asleep inside. I guess the product lives up to it’s name! I was finally free to move about the house without protest.

The wrap is great because any size woman can wear it. A lot of wraps and carriers I found were too small for my post pregnancy body. My stomach was still huge after the birth and I was bloated from all the extra fluids and drugs they gave me (I got really sick after the birth). The other plus is you can breastfeed discreetly while the baby is in the wrap. The wrap is made of stretchy jersey material and is machine washable, definitely a plus when you have spit up and milk all over it. There’s no complicated snaps, buckles, ties etc it’s just one piece of fabric you tie around your body. It comes with pretty straightforward instructions and you can also look on youtube if you need help.


The key is to tie the wrap as tight as you can. Even if you think the baby will not fit in still tie it tight otherwise when you do put the baby in it is going to sag and get lower and lower as you move around. It also is great in cold weather. It keeps the baby warm since his whole body is snuggled against mine all I do is throw on a winter hat for him and zip my jacket around us. I can’t wait until it gets warmer so I can take him out places like walking trails, the beach, the zoo etc.





Since the Little Man is a bigger baby now we have moved on to a Mei Tai Baby. Look for an upcoming review in the future.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment